Thursday, January 6, 2011

I have the most handsome husband in the world...


Things are going pretty good. Pete is falling into his new role as a store manager really well. I am so proud of my amazing husband. Today is the actual grand opening so it will be crazy busy. He didn't have to be to work until 10 today but left around 8 because he was so anxious. I don't blame him. He will do great. He has been working like crazy getting settled and everyone ready. I don't envy his 12 hour days. This will only last a couple of weeks thankfully and then I will have my husband back. He hasn't had much time for anything but work and sleep.

I turned both Penelope and Clover's car seats around yesterday. I can't believe how fast things are moving with my little girl. She is just that too, not a baby anymore but a sweet little girl. She can say mama, dada, grandpa, grandma, and sign milk, all done, more, and eat (all of which has popped up only in the last few days except for milk.) She waves goodbye, blows kisses occasionally, and even plants a big wet one on you when you are least expecting it. Clover doesn't crawl anymore but walks all over the place and runs when she feels the urge or is trying to get away. I am blown away by how much she continues to grow and develop. I couldn't be more proud of my kids. Their smiles light up my day.

Mason is cute as ever. He came back from his trip fully potty trained. YEA!!! He loves to wear his big boy underwear. The day before his big trip was the first time he went an entire day in big boy underwear with no accidents. From then on he just decided that diapers were a thing of the past. I am so proud of him and his major accomplishment. At times I thought it may never happen but here we are. He has grown an inch and a half in the past three months. No wonder he has been eating like a horse and his pants are all getting too short. I love the little conversations we have. Sometimes he will ask me three or four times in a row what I am doing just to keep the conversation growing.

I am doing the same old same old. Watching the four kids can at times definitely try my patience. I love being able to stay home though. I think I am going to look into finding something to do for me however. I would really like to get a gym membership. I think that would improve my overall attitude and be a good stress relief. This month it probably won't happen but I think next month it will be a good possibility. I found a counselor for Mason which I am pretty excited about. He has adjusted amazingly but I feel like it will be a good outlet for him. I love these super cold but sunny days. They are so refreshing. I get to go to San Diego Feb 3-7. I am so excited. Clover and Mason are coming with but unfortunately Pete has to work. Sad. Oh well. Next time I guess. I always miss Pete's guts when he isn't around. I kind of like that guy a lot I guess : ) Life is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment